Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm not sure Buddy B knows my name

So let me give some background on Buddy B and myself. We are in our mid-twenties. Buddy B owns his own business. I'm so envious that he gets to work for himself. Me on the other hand, I'm a teacher, more specifically a math teacher. Before you say to yourself I hate math, and click next blog WAIT!!  Math is FUN! But I think that might be a blog for another day.

So I was saying, I'm so jealous he works for himself, because during the semester, I feel like I've sold my soul to my students. So much grading and prep work, students emailing you at all hours at the day, and if you don't respond withing 6 hrs, they feel like you're ignoring them. Then throw planning a wedding on top of everything, OMG!  The way our schedule worked out, I also had given 1 exam the week before the wedding, one exam the week of the wedding, and another exam after the wedding, for 3 different courses. WTF was I thinking?

So Sunday, I spent 9 hours straight grading...ok there may or may not have been a Walking Dead marathon on all day.  But yeah the grading was still intense.  Then I taught on Monday, and worked today. I finished grading my 3rd exam tonight. Anyways my whole point in this is that I've literally been a math teacher grading zombie the last few days, I've been so busy I'm convinced that Buddy B. won't recognize me or know my name. But he's been so awesome! I got a massage before bed yesterday, and he made dinner tonight! I must be the luckiest woman in the world! I feel a little badly that I'm not doing my part at home, but maybe when the work craziness dies off, I'll repay the favors.

Oh last night I did make fried chicken for the first time in our new frying pan. I should have taken pictures of it because it was so yummy, so maybe I'm not a terrible wife after all.

Alright I need to get back to being a math zombie... class tomorrow!

Buddy A.

No comments:

Post a Comment